May 21, 2009

Grace Marchant Cooley Johnson

My Grandmother (my mother's mother)
Grace Marchant Cooley Johnson

**When my grandmother heard that my mom planned on naming me "Mickie". She told my father "Don't let her name that baby that."
**When my grandmother learned of Anna Belle's name she said "Why did you name her that, that's and old name"


**Her most famos phrase "Buck Up"**
I love my grandmother, she lived durningthe time of the depresion as a teenager. Back then panyhose had a seam up the backside, and because they were so poor her and her sisters would just draw a line up the backside of their leg to look like they had on panyhose.
**She is a hard worker, single mother provider (my grandfather died of a Brain Tumor when my mother was 12).
**She is TOUGH love but she loves her grandchildren and always believes in getting a EDUCATION!!
Love you Grandma!!

No comments: