January 21, 2010

Winter Lake FUN!!

Every winter, as snow melts, a lake forms at the end of every one's driveway on our street.
Yesterday, was sunny for a bit, and we went out for a "WALK", which ended up Tietjen & Annie playing in the "lake"!!
I told them "NO" and finally decided to let them experience the course of their choices.....



They had fun for the first 10 mins or so, until Tietjen, who was wet up to his waist, decided he was cold and I took him in crying.
I could hardly get his snow boots off, because of the suction created with all the water.
Lesson Learned - they won't go near the water NOW!!
To bad I had a HUGE mess of wet snow & normal clothes to clean up!!
All in the name of FUN!!!



4 comments:

Mandy said...

hmmm... let them get cold and miserable to see how they like it... I love it!! I'm definitely borrowing this one (probably not with the whole "I'm a big girl and don't want to hold your hand when we cross the street" though. haha). I'm glad we're not the only one with a lake on our driveway!! It's horrible!! And then it freezes into these huge lumps... ugh. Whatever the opposite of Jack Frost is, that's me. I'm such a winter grouch. We should have a snow and cocoa play date!!

Julie Peterson said...

life's lessons....wish they were that easy

George and Tacie said...

Cute! Your kids are so funny! We love having Tietjen in class! He's a sweetheart!

The Harding Family said...

yikes you have more snow than we do. i guess we get a lot more wind and it just blows away. looks wet and cold. love ya.