August 25, 2008

The Kids New BED!!

This past weekend we acquired a new BUNKbed from a family in our ward. We were very excited, we had been thinking about getting one for Christmas. Tietjen has the top (twin size) and Anna Belle has the bottom (Full Size). I painted it black from the orignal white. Tietjen did fall off the first night.. but he did that on his toddlar bed too the first time. But they sleep great.. except Anna Belle is use to moving around alot and not falling off. So I have my body pillow and one from my mom to help her have something surounding her. I plan to give Me for Christmas somekind of matching type of bed sets. I didnt think they would be to thrilled getting it themselves. Here are some pictures off the bed process.... ENJOY!

Tietjen & Anna Belle liked to help where they can.

They helped me put on the bolts for the cross bars.
(Okay they think they are helping.. I gave them each a tool and they went around trying)

Painting the Bed!!

I learned a new lesson... cheap spraypaint for BIG prodject is just not worth the time... or pain on my finger!!

It was quite the circus getting the bed together with

two adults, two kids and a dog all wanting to help!!

THEY LOVE THEIR NEW BED!!

Tietjen just loves to tell people that he is on the top bed... up high!!


As you can see... Tietjen is using my old mickey mouse bed stuff and Annie has just a sheet for now. I am still looking for something cute, matching.. but not exactly the same. I want it to be different boys/girls looking but cordinating!!

3 comments:

Cori said...

Wow Bunk-beds! I can't believe Annie is already sleeping in a big bed! Way to do. No way would Q be able to handle that! I miss you! We need to go play one of these days!

Melissa said...

That is so cute! I love the black, it looks really good!

Erin said...

how fun! annie looks so tiny in that bed. i bet you could find some cute bedding at target that would be gender neutral...don't know if you have a target out in the boondocks though :) just kidding!

it's too bad i didn't know you had a full bed a little sooner...i just had my mom get rid of all my old sheets because no one we knew has a full sized bed.