February 3, 2009

Annna Belle got hurt

We have had a very tramatic morning today.... as I took Tietjen & two of our neighbors to Preschool, I had Anna Belle in my arms (because it was icy on the ground) I went to shut the van door and she reached her little hand in and I shut it on her fingers.

She was screaming bloody murder and I had to keep from crying, so that I could get the kids checked into school.

Nothing is broken, Thank Heavens. But she has a horrible little bruise on the inside and a small one on the back side of her fingers.


I did not put this picture in to make light of my daughter, I still am on the verge of tears every time I see this. But I wanted to show how she cradles her hurt hand with her other hand.

There was an extra pair of socks in the van and she wanted them on her hands. She still has them on. I guess she feels that it protects her hurt!

I am so so sorry my little darling baby!! I feel completely horrible. I love you my babby!!

4 comments:

Paula said...

You are a great Mom, don't feel bad, I slammed Mitch's big toe in the car door when he was one. His toe turned black and his toe nail fell off! Accidents happen!

Erin said...

so sad! glad that nothing is broken. she'll heal & it will all be okay. :) unfortunately, accidents happen...

The Kidd Family said...

Poor girl. Hope it feels better soon.

*kare* said...

That is so sad! I know how you feel though when your baby gets hurt! I have to fight off tears every time...like when he got his shots..oh so sad!