July 10, 2009

about my Grandpa

My Grandpa Tietjen was the best grandpa ever.
He would let us dress up in his Indian Costume and bang the drum.
He is 1/8 Indian ( I am 1/32)
His Grandmother was 1/2 Indian.
He loved Indian stuff. Everyone knew him for his Indian love.
A lot of grandchildren have Indian Nicknames...
Mine is "Skeemo"
(when I was a baby I had fat fat cheeks and I looked like an Eskimo - hence my Indian Name)

I was born in New Mexico. Same as my father and my grandfather.
We lived there for 5 years until moving to Idaho.
When my father was around that age, is when they moved to Idaho (Ammon)
I grew up in the same home that my father did.

Here is my Grandparents and two of my three sisters.
I am the one turned looking on the tricycle.
When I was 8 years old, we moved out to Washington (state) for 3 months, than moved back to Idaho. We moved into my Grandparents house, which was already set up into two houses. They use to take care of my great grandfather. After time, they took the garage and built on and made them an apartment. We then had the whole house.

I was very luck to be so close to my grandparents.

I miss my grandpa alot. He had changed so much after his stroke, I feel like the last time I really got to see him was before my mission. When with my father they set me apart to be a missionary.

My Grandmother has really changed also. She has major Dementia and doesn't have the same personality as before. She is quite different.

I can't wait till I can see my Grandpa again!!

No comments: