September 23, 2008

my new Niece is Born - so to Utah we go!!!

This past Friday, September 19th. My babby sister Brookie (she is the youngest of us four, I am the oldest), gave birth to their first child, a little girl named Addison Evolet Bedwell. my baby sister has a baby... Jeff likes to remind me that I have 3 baby sisters.... but both of my other sisters had children before me, so this is so fun to have her join the club!!So... after they called us at 5 am, I was so excited and I really wanted to go and see her. Tietjen has been wanting to see his Utah Grandparents. Jeff let us take the day and go to Utah. By 7:30 am Tietjen, Anna Belle, & I were on the road to Utah. Jeff could not come he had school and work.
PEEK A BOO!!
We took a pit stop in Far West (Just outside of Odgen) to get some gas and let them stretch their legs. The Maverik there has this little grass area with a small slide. The kids had fun playing on the tube that went from the stairs to the slide. The liked to look out the small holes down at me!!

We surprised everyone that we were comming. We showed up at Colleen's work (Jeff's mom) and had lunch with her and her friends. Than we went to Richard's work (Jeff's dad) . Then on to Orem to see my sister and my new niece. Brookie was just as surprised to see us at their hospital door.After we left Colleen's work we walked from South Temple to North Temple where we were parked. Anna Belle was asleep before we even hit the Tabernacle.
Tietjen liked looking at the water fountain. I gave him some coins to throw in. He walked around it have a good ol'time.
We than stayed the night at Colleen's after going to see Richard & Danielle. We had lots of fun. Anne Belle was very tired of driving.


Than on Saturday morning I met up with my parents, who were down in Orem with my sis.. and my dad than rode home with us.

We are so happy to be home and missed Jeff tons and tons. But it was so fun to see everyone even if for just a short time.
Addison & her "favorite aunt" Mickie!!!

I know have 3 nieces & 3 nephews on my side of the family.

Brookie's husband Aaron is a HUGE Broncos fan.(He's from Denver) So I found this cute little Broncos Cheerleading outfit at Target. Here Addison is only wearing the Onsie this past Saturday during their game... go BRONCOS (J/K)

3 comments:

Erin said...

what a fun, spontaneous trip. a little bummed though that we didn't get a visit. pleasant grove is on the way to orem & parker & i are home on fridays...oh well, i know you were probably crunched for time. you're still coming for halloween, right?

Mickie Ann said...

YES we are comming for Halloween. And YES we were so crunched for time. I had no idea it would be so much time in the van.

Melissa said...

I love the Sponteaousness...that always makes things fun. The broncos onsie is so cute, she's already a fan. :) Fun trip, I'm totally jealous.